Gingerbread Fat Bombs Recipe This ketogenic fat bomb recipe has all of the flavors of a gingerbread cookie with none of the carbs. a super easy keto and low carb snack.

fat bombs on a white plate

I couldn’t let this holiday season pass without something gingerbread flavored so I whipped up this Fat Bomb Recipe!

I love to keep fat bombs on hand for a quick bite to keep me from getting hangry.

You can call these fat bombs, energy bites, energy balls, no bake cookies, or sugar free cookies.  No matter what you call them, they are delicious!

These little bites have all of the flavors of a gingerbread cookie with none of the carbs.  They are so good cold out of the fridge!

Speaking of cookies, these are very similar to my most popular recipe on my website, my low carb cookies / low carb butter cookie energy bites!

low carb energy bites in a pioneer woman bowl“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

The ingredients used in this fat bomb recipe are:

All I did was mix all of my dry ingredients together, then added the melted butter and molasses.  The batter is quite thick because you want it to stick together so it can be formed into balls.

gingerbread fat bomb batter in a glass bowl

I used a small cookie scoop to scoop out the batter and then rolled them into balls.  I then put them in an air tight container in the refrigerator.  All of these fat bomb recipes are great to have on hand so I don’t make any bad decisions when I am hungry.

I love making different flavors of these fat bombs.  Here is a pumpkin cheesecake energy bite that I made during pumpkin season!

low carb pumpkin cheesecake bites in a small glass bowl

What other flavors of fat bombs would you like to see on the blog?  Let me know in the comments!

5 from 8 votes
gingerbread fat bombs on a white plate
Gingerbread Fat Bombs Recipe
Prep Time
10 mins
Total Time
10 mins

These fat bomb recipes have all of the flavors of a gingerbread cookie with none of the carbs.  The best part is they are low carb and ready in 10 minutes!

PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST

Course: Breakfast, Dessert
Cuisine: American
Servings: 16
Calories: 120 kcal
Author: Jennifer Banz
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Add all of the dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix to combine.  Stir in the melted butter and molasses to form a thick dough.  Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out a portion of dough and roll it into a ball.  Place the balls in an air tight container and refrigerate for 1 hour.  Keep in the refrigerator for snacking!  Makes 16 balls

Recipe Notes

Per fat bomb: 120 calories / 11g fat / 3.5g carbs / 1.5g fiber / 3g protein

• I put molasses as optional because that is not usually something most people keep in their pantry.  If you leave it out, the fat bombs might be a little less rich in gingerbread flavor but it will not be a significant difference.

⭐ Did you make this Gingerbread Fat Bomb recipe?  Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer

This ketogenic fat bomb recipe has all of the flavors of a gingerbread cookie with none of the carbs. a super easy keto and low carb snack. #ketorecipes #ketofoods #lowcarbdiet #lowcarbrecipe #fatbomb

never miss a recipe!

signup for email updates and receive my FREE low carb success guide and a FREE keto cookbook!

Keto Chia Pudding with Almond and Cinnamon
Garlic Parmesan Wings
Categories:

Related Posts

• Tonia
    • February 10, 2019

I have a dumb question, if yiy wanted to take these to work go eat as a mid-afternoon snack and you did not have a refrigerator, would they be a soupy mess?

• February 11, 2019

I think they would hold up fine as long as your office isn’t too hot. They will be a little soft. I wouldn’t leave them out more than a day though because of the butter.

• Shannon
    • January 31, 2019

Any thoughts on how to use coconut flour instead of almond flour (allergic). Saw the one comment that said they used less almond flour and then eyeballed the coconut flour but I can’t really use any almond. I have a conversion chart that says to half the flour and + 4 eggs but I do t want to use raw eggs.

• February 2, 2019

You would need much less coconut flour, about 1/3 of the amount

• Cheryl
    • December 1, 2018

These are wonderful! I wonder what a mixture of swerve granular & the swerve brown would be like. Idk, maybe next time… because, oh, there will be a next time😄

• December 2, 2018

I bet that would be great!

• LoriLewWho
    • November 11, 2018

This is the 3rd week in a row that I have made these!! Thank you for this great recipe!!! It satisfies my sweet tooth that I have mid day!!!

• Janet Adey
    • November 7, 2018

Just made these -dough tastes lovely! I had to add a lot more butter in though and I measured everything out. I did have to use a granulated sweetener though could that have made a difference?

• Christina
    • October 21, 2018

Can the butter be subbed with butter flavor coconut oil? I’m alleric to dairy.. which breaks my heart 😂

• October 22, 2018

That should work just fine!

• Kat
    • September 15, 2018

I ran the ingrediants – not the molasses –for carbs– the results for 1 serving carbs 13.0, fiber 1.5. Site was SparkPeople.

What calculator did you use which resulted in 3.5 carbs per serving?

• September 15, 2018

My guess is that it calculated the Swerve in the carb count but the sugar alcohols should be deducted. The only main thing with carbs is the almond flour (24 net carbs) and the molasses (5 net carbs). That would be for the whole recipe.

• Bryce
    • August 15, 2018

These are delicious!! Thank you! I add 1 Tbsp of ginger and 1 tbsp of cinnamon for extra spice. So good, and a special treat for my keto lifestyle.

• Raina
    • August 4, 2018

My favorite fat bomb. I like them with my coffee or tea.
    The perfect recipe. I’ve tried varying the ingredients, never as good. Thank you, you save the day!

• August 7, 2018

I am so glad you like them!

1. Reply

What.

I don’t usually leave comments, but dang. These little balls were exactly what I needed. I haven’t had much trouble sticking to keto, but I’ll admit I got a little bitter and sad whenever I’d stop somewhere for coffee and have to pass on the pumpkin loaf. Anyway, these ginger balls are definitely doing the trick. Thanks for the recipe.

• July 29, 2018

SO GLAD YOU LIKED THEM!

• Michelle
    • July 17, 2018

Does the nutrition information include the molasses? How would it change if the molasses were left out?

• September 15, 2018

It does

• Jude
    • June 12, 2018

Which Swerve – granulated or powdered, please?

• June 14, 2018

Either will work in this recipe

• Beth
    • April 10, 2018

Does your nutritional breakdown include the optional molasses?

• September 15, 2018

• sp4rkl3z
    • March 18, 2018

These hit the spot!! I used a tad less almond flour and eye balled some coconut flour till the texture was right and also added clove and cayenne pepper for additional spice and heat…new favorite fat bomb!

• March 19, 2018

Cayenne sounds like a great addition!

• Tricia
    • February 23, 2018

I made these tonight! I’m just waiting for them to get out of the fridge. I put in 1/16 teaspoon of allspice as well because I love that spice in gingerbread. I also substituted Xylitol for the Swerve, so I think they are a little more dry than they should be as I heard Xylitol has that affect on baked goods, but I can’t wait to try them!

• Tinaja
    • January 24, 2018

Wow, these are exactly what I’ve been craving. I ate a gingerbread-style oatmeal every morning for breakfast, and I miss it so much. These give me the flavor, a decadent texture, low carbs, good fats, and no grains.
    Thank you so much!

• January 24, 2018

Love to hear that, Tinaja!