These Keto Chicken Enchiladas are packed with so much flavor! Perfectly seasoned chicken topped with enchilada sauce and gooey cheese. This Mexican inspired dish will be hard to resist, even for those non-keto family members!
Oh mama…these keto chicken enchiladas are out of this world good, so easy, and perfect for meal prep.
I love them so much that I am having them for lunch today and I am hiding all of the leftovers from my husband, lol.
What makes this recipe so easy?
Well first, I poach the chicken breast in salted water which is pretty hands off. Second, I use canned enchilada sauce and pre-shredded cheese. Third, I use carb counter flour tortillas for the most enchilada like enchiladas.
Now don’t get me wrong, you can definitely use something besides carb counter tortillas to make this recipe, but since this is something I make on occasion, I see no harm in the carb counter tortillas.
Now if you need a gluten free version, there are several options.
You could use sliced lunch meat, cheese wraps, or steamed cabbage. All would be delicious. If you try any of these options, the nutrition info will change. Some will provide less calories and carbs like the lunch meat and the cabbage. The cheese wraps would be less carbs but more calories.
As far as enchilada sauce goes, I use canned but I find one that has the least amount of carbs per serving.
You are going to love this recipe so much!
Be sure to check out these other keto friendly recipes when you get a chance:
Keto Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 Cups Cooked chopped chicken breast
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 2 ½ Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- 20 Ounces Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 6 Carb Counter Tortillas (see notes)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl combine chopped chicken and seasonings.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese and 10 ounces enchilada sauce.
- Measure heaping ½ cup meat mixture into tortilla. Roll and place into 9x13 casserole dish, seam side down. Repeat until mixture is gone, should make about 6 enchiladas.
- Add the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of your rolled enchiladas. Top with 1 ½ cup shredded cheese. Place into already preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Serve.
- Enchilada Sauce - Find one that is sugar free or you can make your own!
- Tortillas - I used La Banderita Carb Counter wraps. They are 50 calories and 5 net carbs each. They are not gluten free.
- For a gluten free version, you can use thinly sliced chicken lunch meat, steamed cabbage or Folio cheese wraps. Of course, this will change the nutrition info.