I know that Summer is over in 3 days, but it still feels like Summer in my neck of the woods so I’m diving into this Easy Baked Salmon Recipe for the next 3 days with no regrets! This super easy low carb bowl is full of nutrition and healthy fats. It also uses my yummy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing that I posted last week. So it’s basically a bowl full of deliciousness that is super easy to pull together and meal prep!
I really don’t post a lot of seafood recipes on my blog because I just forget how good it is half the time. Like shrimp…it is so good! Well, I do have a few shrimp recipes like my Shrimp Spring Roll Bowl, Garlic Butter Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice, and Chayote Squash Noodles with Chorizo and Shrimp. On second thought, 3 shrimp recipes on a blog that is less than a year old is pretty good, I guess.
But baked salmon is a big fat zero on the blog…until now!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Baked salmon is one of the easiest things to cook because it is done in a flash. This pan full of salmon and zucchini (which are the 2 main components in this easy baked salmon salad recipe), only took 15 minutes in the oven!
While my salmon and zucchini were getting all roasty toasty in the oven, I made the delicious avocado cilantro lime dressing. My favorite thing about this dressing recipe is that you just throw everything into a blender and mix it up!
The other components of this amazing easy baked salmon recipe are spinach, cauliflower rice, and pepitas (pumpkin seeds). I guess I did throw a little fall in there! The pepitas are so amazing in this salad. They give a much needed crunch. I must have something crunchy in my bowls!
Now lets talk cauliflower rice. You could go to the trouble of ricing a whole head of cauliflower for these baked salmon salad, or you could buy the already riced cauliflower from the freezer section of the grocery store. I always opt for the frozen because it is so easy and I love the texture. I think they actually only use the stems to make it!
So this baked salmon salad recipe has fresh spinach, baked salmon and zucchini, cauliflower rice, pepitas, and avocado cilantro lime dressing. Scrumptious!
Easy Baked Salmon Salad Recipe
- 16 oz fresh, or frozen skinless salmon fillets that have been thawed Cut into 4 ounce sections
- 2 zucchini cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 2 cups riced cauliflower, steamed according to package directions
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp Pepitas
- 1/2 recipe Avocado cilantro lime dressing
- pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Place the zucchini on a sheet pan and add half of the oil and seasoning mixture. Mix to combine
- Pour the remaining oil and seasoning mixture over the salmon and rub on both sides. Place the salmon on the sheet pan with the zucchini and roast in a 400F oven for 15 minutes.
- While the Salmon is roasting, steam your cauliflower and season with salt and pepper and make the avocado cilantro lime dressing.
- Each bowl will contain 1/2 cup of fresh spinach, 1 salmon fillet, 1/4 of the roasted zucchini, 1/2 cup of cauliflower rice, 2 tbsp dressing, and top with 1 tbsp of pepitas.
- Use fresh or frozen cauliflower rice. I prefer frozen because it is super easy. Frozen is easily steamed in its bag. To cook the fresh cauliflower, you can put it in a skillet with a tablespoon or oil, cover with a lid, and let steam for 5-8 minutes over medium heat.
- I used skinless salmon filets but if you want to use skin on filets, the skin will be kind of soggy after cooking.
- The pumpkin seeds add some yummy crunch to the salmon bowls. You could also use sunflower seeds.
⭐ Did you make this Easy Baked Salmon recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!