Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies - 2 Net Carbs!
These keto chocolate chip keto cookies are low carb, gluten free, easy to make, amazingly delicious, and kid approved! One bowl is all you need. This recipe uses almond flour and I give a nut free option.
Pre-heat oven to 350F
Add softened butter (or coconut oil) and swerve sweetener in a stand mixer (or hand mixer with a large bowl), mix on medium until combined
add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix until combined
combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined
Fold in Lily's Chocolate Chips
Scoop 18-21 cookies onto lined baking sheet (you may need 2 depending on how big your sheets are). Flatten them out by pressing down on the top slightly.
Bake for 10-12 minutes
Let cool on the cookie sheets for 30 minutes. These will stay soft and delicious for at least 4 days in an air tight container. See notes for freezing instructions.
- Almond Flour Free Version: So many people cannot tolerate almonds. For an almond flour free version, simply use the same amount of sunflower seed flour. It is comparable in price to almond flour.
- No Lily's Chocolate Chips?: If you are having trouble finding the sugar free chocolate chips, you can use an 85% dark chocolate bar and cut it into chunks. You may need 2.
- Mixing - This recipe has evolved into a dump recipe because they turn out perfectly even with just dumping all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mixing.
- Cookie Scoop - Ensures perfectly even keto chocolate chip cookies. I always end up with 21 if I use my cookie scoop. I linked to the one I use in the recipe above.
- Checking for Doneness - These keto cookies get brown on the bottom and slightly brown on the top. Mine have always been perfect after 12 minutes.
- Freezing - I have kept these frozen for months and they still taste great. I freeze them all on the sheet tray for 2 hours, then I put them all in a freezer safe container or bag. I pull one out when I am ready to eat a cookie and they are so good straight out of the freezer.
- Nutrition - Please note, you must subtract the erythritol in the sweetener and the lily's chocolate chips and subtract the fiber to get an accurate carb count. I have done this in my nutrition information.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 2g