Crispy Keto Chicken Thighs Recipe
An easy baked keto chicken thighs recipe that uses a trick from Cooks Illustrated to get the bone in chicken thigh skin nice and crispy! You will be making this low carb chicken thigh recipe over and over again!2 Net Carbs per Chicken Thigh
- 8 Large Bone in, Skin on Chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp baking powder (not baking soda!)
- 1/2 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray a wire rack with cooking spray. lay out the chicken thighs on the wire rack skin side up and place inside the baking sheet. Dry the chicken thoroughly with paper towels.
Place the chicken in a bag or a bowl with a lid and toss the chicken in the baking powder and spices and then put the chicken back on the rack.
Bake the chicken in the center of the oven for 30 minutes. Increase the heat of the oven to 425F and move the oven rack up one spot then bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until brown and crispy. Chicken is cooked through when an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- The baking powder is essential to making these chicken thighs extra crispy. I like to make sure it is distributed evenly by shaking the chicken with the baking powder and seasonings in a bag or a large bowl with a lid.
- I have made this recipe with frozen and fresh chicken thighs. The frozen chicken thighs are more wet before cooking than fresh but they yield the same crispy results.
- I have also used this recipe to make crispy chicken legs. They were just as amazing! Just make sure you keep an eye on them in the final cook because they can cook a little quicker than the thighs.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g