90 Second Keto Bread with Almond flour or Coconut Flour
This 90 second bread is made in the microwave and you can use almond flour or coconut flour. I also provide oven instructions. Use this to make a grilled cheese or low carb sandwich!
Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
For 1 serving using almond flour: 315 calories / 29g fat / 4.7g carbs / 2g fiber / 11g protein
For 1 serving using coconut flour: 235 calories / 20g fat / 5.7 carbs / 3g fiber / 8g protein
- NEW NUT FREE VERSION: if you are intolerant to almond flour you can use sunflower seed flour as a 1 for 1 swap with the almond flour.
- To make this less eggy tasting, use just an egg white as the egg yolk is where the eggy taste comes from.
- Tap the container on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles before you cook it
- You could really use any nut flour that you want if you are allergic to almonds or coconut. For alternative nut flours like pecan four, you would use 3 tbsp. You use half the amount for coconut flour because it's not really a nut and it is very absorbent!
- I found that a 4x4 microwave safe container made the perfect size piece of low carb bread that could be cut in half and stuffed with all the things
- You could also use a round container that is 4 inches in diameter for a keto mug bread
- If you would rather bake this in the oven, you can use an oven safe container and bake at 375 for 10 minutes
- Toasting this low carb bread makes it have a much better texture. you could also use a skillet to toast it in some butter. Yum!
Serving: 1recipe | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 3g