Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
A delicious low carb breakfast casserole filled with cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and spinach. Make ahead for breakfast all week long!
4 Net Carbs
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Pre-heat the oven to 375F and spray a 9 x 9 casserole with cooking spray
In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Whisk thoroughly. Add in the cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute more. Finally, add in the spinach and mix in with the mushrooms. Continue to sauté until the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat.
Add the spinach and mushrooms to the bowl with the eggs. Mix to combine. Pour into the greased casserole and lay the bacon pieces on top.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until the casserole is set in the middle.
Serve hot, or wrap portions in foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge up to 1 week.
- You can easily double this recipe and use a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- You can definitely use heavy cream instead of half and half if you want a lower carb count.
- You can add cooked sausage or crumbled bacon into the casserole. I would use 1/2 pound of sausage cooked and crumbled, or 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled. Add it to the egg mixture with the mushrooms and spinach.
- To check the low carb breakfast casserole for doneness...insert a butter knife into the middle of the casserole and check to see if the egg is set.
- This keto breakfast casserole is perfect for freezing. You can bake the casserole in a foil pan, let cool, cover with foil and then freeze, or you can bake it, let cool, remove it from the pan, wrap very well in foil, and freeze.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.9g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 0.6g