Fathead Pizza - Almond Flour & Nut Free Versions
Everything you need to know to make the best Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe! I give all of my tips and tricks for a crispy crust, and I give instructions for almond flour and coconut flour!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Pre-heat the oven to 400F
In a large glass bowl, mix together the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, Italian seasoning, and salt. Microwave on high for 1 minute. If not completely melted, melt for 30 seconds more. (see notes for stovetop method)
Add the cream cheese to the mozzarella mixture and combine with a spoon. when the dough is cool enough to handle, add in the egg and mix well with hands.
Dump the dough out on to a piece of parchment paper. Oil your hands or a rolling pin with olive oil and press the dough into a 10-12 inch circle or oblong shape. Place the parchment paper directly on the oven rack with the pizza crust and bake for 10 minutes. Pop any bubbles that form in the crust.
Remove the crust from the oven and top with your favorite toppings. Bake for 8-10 minutes more.
Cut into 6-8 slices and serve. 1 fathead pizza crust recipe makes 2 servings.
Nutrition for 1/2 of an almond crust pizza: 619 calories / 50g fat / 18g sat fat / 7g carbs / 5g fiber / 35g protein
- Nutrition is for 1/2 of the crust only. Any toppings you add will be extra.
- For a coconut flour crust: use 1/3 cup coconut flour in place of the almond flour and increase the eggs to 2.
- You could also use 3/4 cup crushed pork rinds in place of the almond flour
- For stovetop instead of microwave: Place the glass bowl with mozzarella and flour over a pot of boiling water and stir until melted.
- For individual keto pizza crusts: cut the complete dough in half and shape into 2 individual pizza crusts on the parchment paper. You could use 1 or 2 pieces of parchment.
- For a crispier crust: After pre-baking, flip the crust before adding the toppings.
- To freeze fathead pizza crust: Follow directi0ns 1-4 for pre-baking the crust. Make as many as you need and stack the crusts in the freezer with the parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour, then place in a large zip-top bag or wrap in foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to use, pre-heat oven, remove from freezer (no need to thaw), add your favorite toppings, and bake in 400F oven for 8-10 minutes.