Cream of Cauliflower Soup
This cream of cauliflower soup recipe has smoky bacon and is gluten free (no roux!), low carb, keto, and really easy to make.
Servings: 6 servings
- 12 oz Cauliflower , chopped
- 5 slices thick bacon cut into lardons
- 2 tbsp reserved bacon fat
- 1/2 a small onion , diced
- 6 cups chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute bacon over medium-hi heat in a heavy bottom pan until crispy
Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and bacon, if desired
add onion and saute over medium heat until soft
add chicken broth and chopped cauliflower, bring to a boil
Reduce to simmer and let the cauliflower cook until fork tender
mash the cauliflower with a potato masher, if desired
add heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted
season with salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with reserved sautéed bacon, yummy!
247 Calories / 18.7g fat / 3g carbs / .7g fiber / 9g protein
- If you want to add a little more flavor to the cauliflower, you could roast it in the oven on a sheet pan and then add it to the soup. Place the florets on a sheet pan and toss with salt and a tbsp of oil. Roast at 450F for about 20 minutes.
- You could freeze this cauliflower soup but it may separate a bit after defrosting.
- Cut your cream cheese into smaller squares so it will melt into the soup faster. Your cream cheese will look grainy at first, but be patient and it will melt into your soup beautifully.