Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
This creamy low carb and keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is topped with more cheese and bacon. How could that be bad? I give multiple cooking methods for the cauliflower including boiling, Instant Pot, and roasting. I also share a trick to getting the cheesiest cauliflower possible!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 Large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Powder (More if desired)
- 1 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon, diced and cooked until crisp
- Salt to taste
Cut your cauliflower florets from the stem. You want to make each floret small, no bigger than 1 inch in diameter.
Add the florets to a medium saucepan with 1/2 tbsp of salt. Add enough water to come half way up the cauliflower
Cover the pot and bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer until cauliflower is just tender, about 5 minutes
drain cauliflower and keep it draining for at least 5 minutes
For the cheese sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the cream cheese with the heavy cream over medium low heat, add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and whisk until melted. Add in the mustard powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium bowl, add cauliflower and bacon, pour cheese sauce on top and stir to combine
Salt to taste
garnish with extra cheese and bacon.
- Make the florets small so the cheese sauce coats every nook and cranny.
- I put 1/2 tbsp of mustard powder in the recipe but I added 1 tbsp to my own dish. It gave it a nice kick!
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g