Easy Keto Mongolian Beef (PF Chang's Copycat)
Pf Chang's Copycat Mongolian Beef is a touch of Asian in the convenience of your own kitchen. Tender beef coated in a sweet and savory sauce with just a hint of spice. Makes this the perfect order-in keto friendly recipe!
Making the sauce:
Heat 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and stir for 30 seconds.
Add soy sauce, water and sweetener. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Should take about 5 minutes.
Remove from skillet to a bowl and set aside.
For the Steak:
Slice flank steak against the grain into 1/4 inch slices with the knife held at a 45 degree angle. Some of the really long pieces I cut in half to make them more bite-sized.
Heat avocado oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
Add beef (may need to cook in 2 batches) and cook 2-3 minutes, until brown, flipping pieces over to cook both sides.
Add the sauce to the pan along with the xantham gum and cook over medium heat for a few minute, Stirring to coat meat.
Add green onions and remove from heat.
Serve over cauliflower rice.
- FLANK STEAK OR FLATIRON STEAK: recipes like this regularly call for flank steak, but this is a very expensive cut! Choose flatiron steak for a much more economical option, and in my opinion, it is more tender.
- SOY SAUCE OR COCONUT AMINOS: Soy sauce is perfectly fine unless you are intentionally avoiding soy or gluten. For a soy free and gluten free option, try coconut aminos.
- FREEZER MEAL FRIENDLY: To make this into a freezer meal, pour all of the ingredients (except the green onion) into a large zip top freezer bag, or a freezer bowl. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let thaw overnight. Dump the contents of the bag until a skillet and cook until the beef is cooked through. Serve.
- SERVING WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE: I like to chop a head of cauliflower into florets, then pulse it in the food processor until it resembles rice. Now we can cook it in a hot skillet with a tablespoon of avocado oil and some salt. The texture is perfect!
- NUTRITION: The provided nutrition info is for 1/4th of the Mongolian beef and does not include the cauliflower rice.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 1g