Keto Meatloaf Stuffed with Cheese
This Keto meatloaf stuffed with cheese uses chorizo and Mexican spices that will knock your tastebuds out with its amazing flavor! Using budget friendly chorizo with the beef really packs a flavor punch!
- 1 lb Ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 1 lb Ground Chorizo
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour or 1 cup Almond flour (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 1/4 Red onion, minced (optional)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz Mild or sharp cheddar cheese block, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Salsa
pre-heat oven to 350F
Mix all ingredients, except cheese and salsa, together in a large bowl
add half of the meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan and press into the bottom (if you don't have a loaf pan big enough, then you can form the mixture into a loaf shape on a sheet pan)
Place the cheese into the center of the loaf pan, leaving about an inch on all sides.
add the rest of the meatloaf to the pan and press it down to compress it slightly.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until an internal thermometer reads 165F
Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Serve with salsa.
for 1/6th of recipe: 532 calories / 38.9g fat / 7.4 carbs / .8g fiber / 36.2g protein
- If you are not too keen on chorizo, just use more ground beef or even ground pork!
- You could use mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, or medium cheddar. Whichever you prefer
- Don't over work the meatloaf mixture or your meatloaf will be dense.
- Using a loaf pan helps the meatloaf keep its shape. You could also form it into a loaf shape on a foil lined sheet pan.