Keto Chicken Alfredo - One Skillet!
Low Carb and Keto Chicken Alfredo Sauce is a delicious one skillet dinner the whole family will love! Tender chicken covered in a creamy, gluten free alfredo sauce. Bring this Italian favorite back to your keto table tonight!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 pounds Chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 cup Shredded parmesan
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the avocado oil followed by the chicken. Season the chicken with all of the seasonings. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The chicken is ready when the temperature reaches 165F. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the heavy whipping cream. Let your heavy cream cook for a few minutes until it starts to bubble. Stir in your parmesan cheese.
Remove from heat while whisking until the cheese is completely melted.
Add your chicken back to your skillet. Stir chicken until is evenly coated with sauce.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Best cheese to use: I use pre-shredded parmesan cheese...The powder kind will not work. You can also grate your own
- Reheating the sauce: The best way to reheat a cream sauce is over a double boiler. This ensures slow heating so the sauce doesn't break.
- Serve with zucchini noodles sauteed in a hot skillet with a little salt and pepper. Nutrition for 1/2 cup of chopped zucchini: 17 calories / 3g carbs / 1g fiber
Calories: 628kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 41g