Easy Keto Shakshuka Recipe - Vegetarian
Keto Shakshuka is a Middle Eastern inspired one skillet meal! Perfectly poached eggs blended with a touch of spice in fresh marinara sauce. Such an easy keto vegetarian meal.
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 28 ounces Marinara sauce (see notes)
- ½ Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 6 Large Eggs
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Kalamata olives, chopped garnish
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro garnish
In a large skillet over medium heat, add your avocado oil and diced green pepper and cook until softened. Should take about 3 minutes.
Add the smoked paprika snd cumin and cook for a few minutes to bloom the spices.
Stir in the marinara sauce.
With a large spoon, make a well in the sauce to make a perfect spot to crack your egg. Do this all around your skillet with each egg.
Over medium-low heat, cover your skillet to cook the eggs until the whites of your eggs are set and cooked through. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
- To keep this keto friendly, you would need to use Rao's marinara sauce or make your own. Here is my recipe for Homemade keto marinara sauce.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 1g