Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
This low carb zuppa toscana soup can be ready in as little as 30 minutes! Dish up this low carb dinner any day of the week.
- 4 slices Bacon diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion (fresh or frozen) diced
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage (or your favorite kind)
- 6 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 head Cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh grated parmesan for serving
In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, sauté the diced bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
Add the onion and garlic to the pot and sauté until the onion is translucent - about 5 minutes.
Add the sausage to the pan and break apart with a wooden spoon until crumbled and cooked through - about 5 minutes
Add chicken broth, cauliflower, kale, and pepper. Let cook until the cauliflower can be pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt to taste. Serve in bowls with crispy bacon and fresh grated parmesan cheese.
For ⅙th of recipe: 260 cal /19g protein /9g carbs /2g fiber /18g fat
- I used frozen diced onion, already minced garlic, and frozen chopped kale to make the prep for this meal easier!