Egg Roll in a Bowl with Shrimp and Pork
This egg roll in a bowl with shrimp and pork will be a low carb dinner staple for your family. This one is ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 12 oz raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned, cut into chunks
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 14 oz chopped cabbage
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp ginger paste or diced ginger
- 2 scallions, sliced
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the oil. When oil and pan are hot, add the shrimp, season with salt and cook until the shrimp are pink and no longer translucent. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the pork sausage to the pan and break apart with a wooden spoon or meat chopper. Cook until no longer pink.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the cabbage, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir together and cook until the cabbage is slightly wilted. Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir to combine.
Garnish with sliced scallions
Nutrition for 1/4th of recipe: 408 cal / 25g fat / 9g carbs / 3g fiber / 34g protein
- I use avocado oil for almost all of my cooking because it withstands high heat. You could also use coconut oil or animal fat.
- For this egg roll in a bowl I used already chopped and bagged slaw mix. You could definitely use a head of cabbage as well.
- I love using ginger paste instead of fresh ginger because it is so easy! If you use fresh ginger, be sure to chop it finely.
- Instead of pork and shrimp, you could use chicken. That would be delicious!