Keto Chicken Noodle Soup
This low carb chicken soup with Spaghetti Squash Noodles is veggie packed and so nutritious! I included lots of yummy veggies like celery, carrots, and spaghetti squash. This soup is easy to make with lots of shortcuts.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash yield 3 cups or noodles
- 4 tbsp avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon) divided
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 6 boneless skin-less chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 tso dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 scallions (green parts only) sliced
Pre-heat the oven to 460F. Using a fork, poke holes in the spaghetti squash and microwave for 5 minutes. Let cool enough to handle.
Cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and brush each side with 1 tbsp of avocado oil and season with 1/4 tsp of salt. Place face down on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.
While the squash is cooking, add the remaining oil to a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add the celery and carrots and sauté until soft. About 10 minutes.
Add the broth, basil, thyme, pepper, soy sauce, and the chicken to the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pot, cut into small chunks, and add back to the pot. Shred the spaghetti squash into "noodles" and add to the pot.
Serve with sliced scallions.
For 1/6th of recipe: 300 cal / 19g fat / 5.6g carbs / 1.6g fiber / 34g protein
- You could use 2 chicken breast instead of the chicken thighs if you want lower fat.
- I used avocado oil but you could use any other cooking fat that can withstand high heat. I would recommend coconut oil or animal fat. Olive oil is not recommended.
- If your stock is low sodium, you may need to add more salt to the soup, in addition to the soy sauce. I used lite soy sauce (lower sodium). If you use regular soy sauce, you would need less. I would start with 2 tablespoons and work your way up.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.6g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 1.6g