Hearts of Palm Vegetable Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
Hearts of palm pasta is similar to the size and shape of traditional spaghetti pasta and linguini but without all of the carbs that come with it. My favorite brand is Palmini and at only 2 net carbs and 20 calories per serving, you can eat this vegetable pasta guilt free!
- 22 ounces Hearts of palm noodles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
Prepare the hearts of palm pasta according to the package driections.
Heat the heavy cream with the seasonings In a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the parmesan and whisk continously until the cheese is fully melted. Toss in the palmini pasta to coat and let heat through. serve
- The Palmini brand hearts of palm comes in Linguine, Angel Hair, and Rice! For this recipe and the photos I used the angel hair.
- Be sure to rinse the noodles to get the citric acid taste off. After you do that, they have almost no taste and really latch onto your pasta sauce.
- Look for other brands of hearts of palm pasta if you want a cheaper alternative, although, they might not be as sustainable as Palmini.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 26g | Fiber: 3g