Black Cherry and Mint Smash
Impress your friends with this low carb drink...black cherry and mint smash! The black cherry sparkling water from Schweppes really tickles my nose and is so much better than sugar filled soda!
- 2 12oz Cans Schweppes Black Cherry sparkling water
- 8 Fresh or frozen pitted dark cherries
- 6 Mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- liquid sweetener, if desired
- A muddler is a bar tool used to release the flavors of the fresh ingredients such as herbs and fruits. If you do not have a muddler, you could use the end of a wooden spoon.
- Most smash recipes are mixed in a cocktail mixer but I do not recommend this method because of the sparkling water.
- You could leave this drink unsweetened (delicious) or you could sweeten it with liquid stevia drops. You could also use a sugar free powdered sweetener such as erythritol to make a sugar free simple syrup. Just mix ½ cup of erythritol with ½ cup of water in a saucepan and heat until the powder is dissolved.