Stuffed Pork Chops with Bacon and Gouda
These pork chops are generously stuffed with crispy bacon and smoked gouda. An easy keto pork chop recipe!
- 4 2 inch thick Boneless pork chops See notes
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 4 ounces Smoked gouda diced
Preheat oven to 400F. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cut a wide slit into the side of each pork chop. Cut the slit as wide and peel as you can without cutting through. Season the outsides with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat with cooking spray, sear the pork chops on both sides and remove from the pan to baking dish.
Cook the diced bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Roughly mix the cooled bacon with the gouda and stuff into the pork chops. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until an internal meat thermometer reads 145F. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
- If you cannot find pork chops 2 inches thick, buy a large pork loin and cut 4 pork chops from it, 2 inches thick. This should only use half of the pork loin so you can freeze the other half for another recipe.
- This recipe works perfectly with roasted butternut squash. Buy a whole butternut squash and peel and dice it, or you can buy it already peeled and diced in the produce section. Toss 2 cups of raw cubes with 2 tablespoons avocado oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 400F for 20 minutes. for 1/4th of the recipe: 90 calories / 7g fat / 8g carbs / 1g fiber
Serving: 1pork chop | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 10g