Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Soup
This Instant Pot chicken soup is so simple and hearty with lots of veggies. Make it creamy, but still healthy and low carb with the addition of a little heavy cream.
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried dill
- 1 Cup Carrots, large dice
- 1/2 Cup Celery, large dice
- 1 1/2 Cup Broccoli florets
- 4 ounces Cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup Heavy cream
Add the chicken, chicken broth, onion, garlic, thyme, and dill to the Instant Pot. Set the lid to sealing and cook under high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Release the rest of the pressure.
Remove the lid and shred the chicken. Then add the chicken, carrots, celery, and broccoli. Seal the lid and set the time to zero. After the timer goes off, release the pressure via a quick release.
Remove the lid and stir in the cream cheese and the heavy cream. season to taste.
Nutrition per serving: 285 calories / 19g fat / 6g carbs / 1g fiber / 19g protein
- I used frozen chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can use fresh. Just reduce the chicken cooking time to 8 minutes. See my post for Instant Pot chicken breast for my Ultimate guide on cooking chicken breast in the Instant Pot.
- Setting the cooking time to zero - this is done by hitting the manual or pressure cook button and then pressing the minus button until it has zero on the screen.