Curried Pumpkin Soup - Ready in 20 Minutes!
This Pumpkin Curry Soup from Carolyn Ketchum's new cookbook "Keto Soups & Stews" is so perfect for warming you up on a cool Fall day. I made the dairy free version which was so rich and creamy using coconut milk. Can you believe this is ready in 20 minutes and has only 5.4 net carbs?!
- 3 Tablespoons Salted butter
- 1/4 Cup Chopped onions
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce Can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- Creme Fraiche or sour cream, for garnish
- Pumpkins seeds, for garnish
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions are translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and cook for another minute.
Add the broth, pumpkin puree, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to work in batches. (Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the pot.) Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy whipping cream. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
Garnish with dollops of creme fraiche and pumpkins seeds.
Nutrition per serving (about 1 cup): 163 calories / 12.7g fat / 3.8g protein / 8.7g carbs / 3.3g fiber
- For dairy free - use avocado oil in place of the butter and full-fat coconut milk in place of the heavy whipping cream. Omit the creme fraiche garnish.