Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Legs
These instant pot chicken legs are smothered in your favorite BBQ sauce. You will not believe how tender and juicy these are! This will be your new go to chicken drumstick recipe!
- 1 Cup Water or broth, See notes
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks (see notes for frozen)
- 1 1/2 Cups BBQ Sauce, Divided (Click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
Mix the spices and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the drumsticks in a large bowl and rub with the spice mixture.
Add 1 cup of water and the trivet to the inner pot of the instant pot. Place the chicken legs on the trivet. Pour 1 cup of bbq sauce on the legs and spread with a basting brush.
Lock the lid of the Instant pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Release the rest of the pressure manually, then when the pin drops, remove the lid.
Pre-heat the broiler of your oven. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Carefully place the chicken legs on the foil in a single layer. Use a basting brush to brush the remaining BBQ sauce on the chicken legs.
Place the chicken legs in the oven under the broiler and broil until the sauce starts to bubble and caramelize. About 5 minutes. Serve
- Please use the required amount of water per your Instant Pot operating instructions.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce. My favorite sugar free BBQ sauce is this one
- This recipe would work with frozen chicken drumsticks. Just make sure to coat the frozen drumsticks with the seasonings so none fall off. You would also want to increase the cook time by 5 minutes.