Crispy Fathead Pizza Crust - Keto Frozen Pizzas
Everything you need to know to make the best Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe! I give all of my tips and tricks for a crispy crust, how to use almond flour or make these nut free, and how to make keto frozen pizzas.
Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Prepare a piece of parchment paper by rubbing it with oil or cooking spray. You must use parchment paper, not wax paper.
In a large glass bowl, mix together the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, Italian seasoning, and salt. Microwave on high for 1 minute. If not completely melted, melt for 30 seconds more. (see notes for stovetop method)
Add the cream cheese to the mozzarella mixture and combine with a spoon. when the dough is cool enough to handle, add in the egg and mix well with hands.
Dump the dough out on to a piece of parchment paper. Oil your hands or a rolling pin with oil and press the dough into a 10-12 inch circle or oblong shape. Place the parchment paper directly on the oven rack with the pizza crust and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Keep and eye on it and pop any bubbles that form in the crust.
Remove the crust from the oven and top with your favorite toppings. Bake for 8-10 minutes more.
Cut into 6-8 slices and serve. 1 pizza crust recipe makes 2 servings.
- Nutrition is for 1/2 of the crust only. Any toppings you add will be extra.
- For a coconut flour crust: use 1/3 cup coconut flour in place of the almond flour and increase the eggs to 2.
- For stovetop instead of microwave: Place the glass bowl with mozzarella and flour over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted.
- For individual keto pizza crusts: cut the complete dough in half and shape into 2 individual pizza crusts on the parchment paper. You could use 1 or 2 pieces of parchment.
- For a crispier crust: After pre-baking, flip the crust before adding the toppings.
- To freeze fathead pizza crust: Follow directi0ns 1-4 for pre-baking the crust. Make as many as you need and stack the crusts in the freezer with the parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour, then wrap in plastic wrap followed by foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to use, pre-heat oven, remove from freezer (no need to thaw), add your favorite toppings, and bake in 400F oven for 8-10 minutes.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 50g | Fiber: 2g