Keto Bacon Wrapped Asparagus - Oven or Air Fryer
Keto Bacon Wrapped Asparagus baked in the oven or cooked in the air fryer is perfect for weeknight dinners. Add a little sweetness with brown sugar!
Pre-heat the oven to Hi-broil and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the woody ends off of the asparagus, about 1-2 inches.
Cut the bacon in half, lengthwise.
Lay out the asparagus on the sheet pan and coat with avocado oil. Now season with salt pepper, and the sugar free brown sugar. Toss to coat.
Wrap each asparagus stem in 1/2 a slice of bacon. Place on the sheet pan, evenly spaced.
Cook in the center of the oven under hi-broil, flipping after 8 minutes.
Continue to broil until bacon is cooked to your liking. This was about 12 minutes for me.
- Make sure your asparagus is thick, and your bacon is thin. You are looking for slices of bacon that are around 50-60 calories per slice.
- If you do not like the idea of sweet and savory bacon wrapped asparagus, simply leave out the brown sugar.
- Making these in the air fryer - These would be perfect in the Air fryer! Follow all of the instructions as above but you will cook them in the air fryer at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Prepping ahead for a party - These can be made ahead for a party but they are better if they are cooked right before serving. If your host has oven space available, you can warm them right before serving. You could also prep them up until the cook and then cook them right before serving.
- Using turkey bacon - You can use turkey bacon! Follow the instructions just as written. The turkey bacon is a little thicker and less pliable than traditional bacon so they may not wrap as tightly. They will also cook more quickly so keep an eye on them.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 0g