Italian Vegetable Stew with Sausage - Keto and Low Carb
Italian Vegetable Stew with Sausage is a hearty, healthy recipe to kick start the fall! What better way to clean out the left over veggies in your freezer or pantry? This tasty, keto stew will bring the zest your is family looking for this pumpkin season!
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced fired roasted tomatoes
- 12 ounces Frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 cups Chopped frozen spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Beef broth
- 2 Beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for finishing (optional)
In a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid add in Italian Sausage, garlic, onion and celery.
Cook over medium heat until sausage is cooked through and crumbled and onion and celery are soft.
Add in tomatoes, cauliflower rice, frozen spinach, beef broth, bullion cubes, tomato sauce and tomato paste.
Stir well and bring to simmer.
Reduce heat to low, place lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in individual bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil (optional).
- I created this as a clean out the freezer soup, but you can definitely use fresh ingredients. If using fresh spinach, double the amount.
- Finishing olive oil is not included in the nutrition information.
- Storing: This stew will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Freezing: This is a good soup to make as a freezer meal! Cook and crumble the sausage and let cool. Add all ingredients to a freezer bag or bowl. Freeze for up to 4 months. When ready to serve, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight, pour the contents into a heavy bottom pot and let simmer for 30 minutes. Serve.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g