Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Pesto and Burst Tomatoes
Isn’t this the most beautiful bowl of zucchini noodles with creamy pesto you’ve ever seen? Haha! Sorry for tooting my own horn but I have been really working on my food photography lately! I have had a love for photography since my son was born and I got my first DSLR. I would consider it a mild obsession. Before we moved a year and a half ago, I was actually a family photographer. You can see my past work here. I never thought I would now be photographing food for my blog. My how things can change in the blink of an eye!
Photographing food is totally different than people. Easier in some ways and harder in others. I just love that photographing food combines my love of low carb food and my love of photography all in one.
Lets get to this recipe, shall we? This was the first time I have used a different blade on my spiralizer. I normally use the one that produces spaghetti like noodles.
Is there anything more beautiful and satisfying than seeing a big pile of spiralized veggies in a bowl? I don’t think so.
So this beautiful pile of zucchini noodles with creamy pesto is so delicious if you leave the noodles barely cooked. All I did was put them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Trust me on this. Creamy pesto and crunchy noodles are a match made in heaven. If you want to make this a super quick meal, use a really good store bought pesto. Oh crap, I totally sounded like Ina Garten just then (love her).
- 3 Zucchini , spiralized
- 1/2 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup packed basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and tomatoes to a skillet over medium high heat
- saute, covered, until the tomatoes begin to soften and get some color. About 5 minutes
- Add all pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth
- Add a handful of zucchini noodles to a soup bowl. Cut them with kitchen scissors so they are not so long and microwave for 30 seconds
- add basil pesto to noodles and toss. Top with burst tomatoes, leftover pine nuts, and parmesan