The Ultimate Keto Chili - Double Meat!
Replace the beans with beef stew meat and you've got the perfect low carb and keto chili without beans. Every time I make this keto chili it is a huge hit! Serve it with cheese and sour cream or even sliced avocado and extra chopped onion. It is perfect for meal prep or frozen for later. This hearty low carb chili will keep you warm all winter long.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 lb Beef stew meat, Cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb Ground Beef Chuck
- ½ Onion diced
- 1 Red Bell pepper diced
- 6 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoons onion powder
- 1 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 28oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- kosher salt to taste
Heat a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the stew meat. Sauté until browned on all side. Remove stew meat from pot.
Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the pot. Saute' until translucent
Add the ground beef to the pot and saute' until cooked through. Add the tomato paste and the spices and stir to combine.
Add the sautéed stew meat, and crushed tomatoes, stir.
Place a lid on top, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 1 hours...or until the stew meat is tender.
Serve the chili with shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and keto cornbread!
Recipe tips and notes
- Replace half of the diced tomatoes with a can of black soy beans if you can't skip the beans in your chili. They only have 1 net carb per serving!
- If you are short on time, you can use 2 pounds of ground beef instead of the stew meat.
- If you want your chili spicier, you can add 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper or diced jalapeño
- FOR THE CROCKPOT SLOW COOKER: Follow the instructions for the stove top, but transfer to the slow cooker when it is time to simmer and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- FREEZING KETO CHILI: I like to make a double batch of this chili recipe and freeze it for meals all winter long. Simply scoop out portions into freezer bags or bowls and leave in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fiber: 3g