Sweet Potato Waffles
These healthy and super easy sweet potato waffles are made with only a few ingredients. They are super fluffy on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside and they are only 4 weight watchers points! 4 Freestyle Points
Servings: 4 Waffles
- 2 Cups Mashed Sweet Potato
- 2 Large Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
Pre-heat a waffle iron to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine to make a smooth batter
Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter into the center of the waffle iron, alternatively, you can make 1 large waffle and cut into quarters for 1 serving.
Cook the waffles according to the instructions of your waffle maker. Serve with a little maple syrup and walnuts.
- To microwave a sweet potato, simply pierce the skin of the potato a few times and place the potato in the microwave. Microwave for 5-8 minutes until the potato can be easily pierced with a butter knife.
- To boil a sweet potato, peel and cube the sweet potato, place in a sauce pot, and cover the potato with water plus 1 inch. Cook over high heat until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a butter knife. About 15 minutes.
- To cook the sweet potato in the Instant Pot, follow this helpful tutorial.
Serving: 1Waffle | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g