This baked zucchini casserole is beautiful slices of zucchini doused in a luscious Monterey jack cheese sauce. This is the perfect side dish for any low carb dinner.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 3 Large Zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Pre-heat the oven to 400F
Toss the zucchini slices with the salt in a large bowl and let sit for at least 30 minutes. This will pull moisture from the zucchini so your casserole will not be watery.
In a small sauce pan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring until melted.
In a pie plate, arrange the zucchini in a circular pattern. Pour the cheese mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the sauce starts to brown and becomes bubbly.
1/6th of recipe: 84 cal / 8g fat / 2.5g carbs / .6g fiber / 1.4g protein
- Salt helps draw moisture from the zucchini so your casserole will not be too watery.
- Slice your zucchini in even slices so they will cook evenly.
- Try to pick zucchini that are large and uniform in width from tip to tip.
- You could use any white cheese such as gruyere or Swiss instead of the Monterey jack.