Air Fryer Italian Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
No pots, no pans, no oven necessary for this Air Fryer Mushroom recipe! Pork rind breadcrumbs, gooey cheese and mouth-watering portobello mushrooms... makes this a perfect appetizer for those family gatherings or a savory side dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
Brush the inside of each mushroom cap with avocado oil and balsamic vinegar.
Season the inside of each with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese in the center of the mushroom caps.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork rinds, parmesan, Italian seasoning and melted butter.
Spoon the pork rind mixture evenly into the mushroom caps.
Spray the inside of the air fryer with cooking spray and place the mushrooms in the air fryer, 2 at a time (unless all 4 will fit) and cook for 12 minutes or until the tops are brown and crisp and the mushrooms are tender.
- Portobello Mushroom Size: I used 4 inch portobello mushroom caps. If you find smaller mushroom caps, those can be used as well. You will just have less filling in each cap.
- Avocado Oil: I use this oil because it is better for high heat cooking. Any brand will work. If you want to use a different oil, I suggest corolla oil or sunflower seed oil.
- Balsamic Vinegar: This ingredient really brings the flavor to these stuffed mushroom caps.
- Shredded Mozzarella: You can buy pre-shredded mozzarella but I would not recommend fresh mozzarella as it gets too watery.
- Crushed Pork Rinds: I buy a bag of pork rinds and crush them in the food processor. You can also buy them already crushed on Amazon.
- Shredded Parmesan: I buy pre-shredded (not the powder) parmesan cheese. You don't have to buy the fancy stuff.
- Italian Seasoning: If you don't have this in your pantry, you can use a combo of diced basil, oregano, and rosemary.
- Butter: Any kind will do unless you like to use grass-fed. The butter helps the top get golden brown and delicious.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fiber: 0g