Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup with Pickles
This creamy keto bacon cheeseburger soup with pickles is ready in under 30 minutes. A family friendly soup that tastes just like a cheeseburger!
- ½ Cup diced onion
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Beef broth
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon, diced
- Chopped pickles for topping
In a large heavy bottom pot, add in the diced onion and ground beef. Saute until the ground beef is cooked through and crumbled. About 8 minutes. Drain off any remaining grease in the pot and discard or save for later cooking.
While the ground beef is cooking, in a seperate skillet cook the diced bacon until it is crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
Add in the cream cheese to the ground beef and stir until melted and incorporated. Stir in the tomato paste.
Stir in the beef broth and the cheddar cheese. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the soup in bowls topped with crispy bacon and chopped pickles.
- NUTRITION - This recipe makes 5 cups and a serving is 1 cup. The nutrition was calculated assuming each slice of bacon was 80 calories each.
- CAN THIS BE MADE IN A SLOW COOKER - Yes. Brown your meat with your onions (season with salt and pepper to taste) and add them to the slow cooker. Now add in your broth, cream cheese, and tomato paste. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Stir in the cheddar cheese before serving.
- PICKLES - The pickles I used were sliced Cornichons. You can see what I am talking about by checking them out on Amazon here. You can use any dill pickles you like, though.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3g