30 minutes is all you need to have this comforting keto bacon cheeseburger soup on your dinner table. This soup tastes just like a cheeseburger and uses cream cheese and cheddar cheese to make it creamy, pickles for a tangy bite, and of course, bacon!
Everyone loves a good cheeseburger, but when you’re following a keto eating plan, the bun is a big no no (unless it’s keto, of course).
My family loves soup and this one is perfect for a busy weeknight because it is ready in about 30 minutes. It is super hardy with the hamburger, cheese, and bacon.
We were surprised at how much it tasted like a cheeseburger!
HOW TO MAKE THIS SOUP SUPER CREAMY
We start with our base of onion and ground beef that have been cooked until the onions are soft and the ground beef is browned and crumbled.
Next we add in the cream cheese and melt that into the ground beef mixture. This helps the cream cheese become one with the soup much quicker than if we had added the broth first.
Now we can add in the tomato paste and the beef broth. See how nice that looks? Because the cream cheese is already incorporated into the soup, the cheddar cheese with incorporate a lot easier.
CAN THIS BE MADE IN A SLOW COOKER
Yes. Brown your meat with your onions (season with salt and pepper to taste) and add them to the slow cooker. Now add in your broth, cream cheese, and tomato paste. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Stir in the cheddar cheese before serving.
MAKING THE CRISPY BACON AND PICKLE TOPPING
In my opinion, the bacon and the pickle make this recipe complete. Use 8 slices of any bacon you like and cut them into a dice. Sauté them in the heavy pot before you start the soup, or you can sauté them in a skillet while the soup is cooking (this would cut down on cook time).
The pickles I used were sliced Cornichons. You can see what I am talking about by checking them out on Amazon here.
You can also use just regular dill pickles and dice them up into smaller pieces.
MORE OF MY SOUP RECIPES TO KEEP YOU WARM AND COZY
- Click here for my Easy Low Carb Chili – This chili uses 2 kinds of meat to make it extra hearty.
- Click here for my Cream of Mushroom Soup – A good replacement for any recipe that uses the canned cream of mushroom soup
- Click here for my Chicken Pot Pie Soup – A creamy chicken soup that I topped with cheddar biscuits. It is dreamy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS KETO BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE @LOWCARBWITHJENNIFER
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 1/2 Cup diced onion
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Beef broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon, diced
- Chopped pickles for topping
- In a large heavy bottom pot, add in the diced onion and ground beef. Saute until the ground beef is cooked through and crumbled. About 8 minutes. Drain off any remaining grease in the pot and discard or save for later cooking.
- While the ground beef is cooking, in a seperate skillet cook the diced bacon until it is crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Add in the cream cheese to the ground beef and stir until melted and incorporated. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Stir in the beef broth and the cheddar cheese. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup in bowls topped with crispy bacon and chopped pickles.
- NUTRITION - This recipe makes 5 cups and a serving is 1 cup. The nutrition was calculated assuming each slice of bacon was 80 calories each.
- CAN THIS BE MADE IN A SLOW COOKER - Yes. Brown your meat with your onions (season with salt and pepper to taste) and add them to the slow cooker. Now add in your broth, cream cheese, and tomato paste. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Stir in the cheddar cheese before serving.
- PICKLES - The pickles I used were sliced Cornichons. You can see what I am talking about by checking them out on Amazon here. You can use any dill pickles you like, though.