The best use of your air fryer is making this rotisserie style air fryer whole chicken. The meat is juicy and the skin is extra crispy…you are going to love how easy it is!
I have made several things in my air fryer that I love, but I think this Air Fryer whole chicken is my new favorite. The chicken is perfectly juicy and the skin is extra crispy. My family gives it rave reviews!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER WHOLE CHICKEN
This recipe is super easy but I have a few tricks that will ensure that your chicken does not dry out before it is cooked all of the way through.
I started with a chicken that was approximately 5 pounds and I use my 5.7 quart air fryer. You can use a smaller chicken but the cooking time would need to be reduced.
I removed all of the stuff from the cavity and seasoned it generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme.
Now it’s time to put the chicken in the air fryer basket breast side down. After experimenting, I discovered that if I left the legs up then it was hard to get the basket to open and the chicken legs got way over cooked. Breast Side down for the first 50 minutes of cook time keeps everything nice and moist.
I cooked the chicken at 360F for 50 minutes breast side down, then I flipped it and did 10 more minutes. It is important to make sure the internal temperature of the breast is 165F. Continue cooking until the temperature is reached.
I am telling you now, you will not believe how delicious and juicy this chicken is.
VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR AIR FRYER WHOLE CHICKEN
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
⭐ Did you make this Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Air Fryer Whole Chicken - Rotisserie Style
- 1 5 pound Whole chicken, giblets removed
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika (I prefer smoked paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
- Combine all of the seasonings with the oil to make a paste and spread it all over the chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the chicken in the basket breast side down and cook at 360F for 50 minutes. Flip the chicken to breast side up and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Check to make sure the breast meat has an internal temperature of 165F. Carve and serve.