This Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe produces the most delicious crispy skin and perfectly juicy meat, just like in my Air Fryer Chicken Thighs with over 350, five star reviews.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
When I want an easy chicken recipe, I usually make some kind of chicken in the air fryer. I would have to say that chicken drumsticks are my favorite, but chicken thighs come in at a close second. This air fryer chicken leg recipe couldn't be any easier, and I know it will be a weeknight dinner your whole family will love!
The seasoning mixture I use on these crispy drumsticks is a family favorite and is what I use on my Air Fryer Whole Chicken. It contains smoked paprika for a little smoky flavor, garlic powder, dried oregano, and onion powder. I truly believe this recipe is better (definitely easier!) than fried chicken.
Full ingredient list
For your cooking convenience, I have listed here the full ingredient list for perfect air fryer drumsticks. (The full printable recipe card is towards the bottom of this page.)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 Bone in, skin on, chicken legs
This seasoning has delicious flavor, but you are welcome to use your favorite seasoning if you like. You could also include black pepper or cayenne pepper.
How to make air fryer chicken drumsticks
In about 30 minutes cooking time, you will have crispy chicken legs with minimal effort. Let me show you how, step by step with photos.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and pre-heat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Add 8 chicken drumsticks to a large zip top bag or a large bowl. Pour the seasonings over the chicken legs and toss to coat. Either zip up the bag and move everything around with your hands, or use tongs to toss them in the bowl.
- If you would like, you can spray your air fryer basket with a little bit of oil cooking spray so the chicken doesn't stick. Carefully add the chicken legs to the air fryer in a single layer (this is important for even cooking and crispy skin).
- How long do drumsticks take in the air fryer? Air fry the chicken legs for 30 minutes at 380F, flipping halfway through. Add extra minutes if needed (see below).
How do you know when air fryer drumsticks are done?
Crispy chicken skin is the name of the game here, right? The great thing about chicken legs is they can stand to be cooked for longer times and not dry out as fast as chicken breasts. That means you can continue cooking chicken legs until that skin is nice and crispy...your tastebuds will thank you!
With that said, I still recommend having a meat thermometer handy and not letting the internal temperature of the chicken legs go over 180-190 degrees F.
Make this a complete meal
HUNGRY FOR MORE EASY RECIPES? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter and get my 80+ recipe e-cookbook absolutely FREE!
Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Legs - Super Crispy!
This post may contain affiliate links
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 8 Chicken drumsticks
- Preheat your air fryer to 380F for 5 minutes. After pre-heating, spray with cooking spray (if desired).
- Add the chicken legs to a large zip-top bag or a bowl with a lid. Top with the kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano and onion powder. Shake to coat.
- Place the chicken legs in the air fryer and air fry at 380F for 15 minutes.
- Turn your chicken legs over and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Cook until the skin is crispy to your liking, but I would not recommend letting the internal temperature of the chicken legs go over 180-190 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
- Dipping Sauce Ideas: buffalo sauce, bbq sauce, hot sauce, or ranch dressing.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.