A super simple sirloinsteak tips marinade brings this steak tips recipe to life. I will show you my tips for how to cook steak tips perfectly every time. You will be making this for your family over and over again!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
This Sirloin Steak Tips Recipe will be a staple in your house for years to come. My family requests this recipe at least once a week. It is so easy so I happily oblige!
WHAT KIND OF MEAT IS STEAK TIPS
I like to use 2-3 pounds of whole sirloin steaks and cut them into 1.5 inch chunks. I wouldn’t use anything cheaper as your steak tips will be tough.
STEAK TIPS MARINADE
My favorite thing about this easy recipe is the steak tips marinade. This requires only a few ingredients:
- Garlic Powder
I feel like anything more would take away from the delicious beef flavor.
For this steak tips marinade you simply mix all of the ingredients with the steak bites and let it sit for 15-30 minutes. That is the perfect amount of time to let the steak sit and come up room temperature which helps the steak cook evenly.
HOW TO COOK STEAK TIPS
To get started I get a heavy skillet nice and hot. You will want to turn on your vent hood or a fan because this is going to get smoky.
I cook the steak bites with avocado oil because it can withstand high heat better than olive oil. I actually do not recommend olive oil for cooking above 350F…especially if you only buy the extra virgin variety.
Now we just take our marinated steak tips and cook it in batches. I usually do 3 batches so I don’t crowd the pan.
A few minutes on each side is all you need to get the steak tips perfectly cooked.
Prefect side dished for these steak bites:
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Zucchini Casserole
- Blistered Green Beans with Bacon
- Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
Some other Steak recipes you will want to try:
Did you make this Steak Tips recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Easy Sirloin Steak Tips Recipe - 4 Ingredients!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2-3 Pounds Top Sirloin steak, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Place the steak bites in a large bowl and mix in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and set aside for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Avocado oil
- When the oil just starts to smoke, add ⅓ to half of the steak bites, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- let cook on the first side until a brown crust appears, about 3 minutes. Flip the steak tips and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from the pan and continue with the rest of the steak bites.
- Let the cooked steak bites rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- For an easy side dish, remove the steak from the pan and do a quick saute of either diced zucchini or zucchini zoodles seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- Nutrition for ½ cup of chopped zucchini is 17 calories / 3g carbs / 1g fiber