Steak bites and mushrooms is my families new favorite recipe. Juicy steak and meaty mushrooms marinated in a quick marinade, then air fried until your desired doneness. My family prefers medium, but I give tips for all meat temperatures and steak types.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
One thing I hate about making steak in the house is that is gets smoky and stinky.
The Air Fryer eliminates all of these issues. It is perfect for when you want to make steak but don’t want to mess with the grill.
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST STEAK BITES AND MUSHROOMS
This recipe works with any cut of your favorite steak. I have used Ribeye, top sirloin, and NY Strip successfully.
Cut the steak into 1.5 inch cubes. You could make them larger but I like making them bite size so they cook quicker and they are easier to eat.
I also slice the mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices. This yields perfectly cooked mushrooms in the time it takes the steak bites to cook.
If you make your steak bites larger than 1.5 inch cubes, you would need to make your mushrooms bigger.
Next, we need to assemble the marinade. This includes avocado oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. This all gets tossed with the steak and mushrooms and marinates for 1 hour.
PREHEATING THE AIR FRYER
This is a step that I often skip but I think for this recipe it is important. This ensures the steak will get a nice even browning. I preheat the air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
Wait until after it is pre-heated before you spray the basket with cooking spray. This is so the cooking spray doesn’t burn.
Now we can pour the steak and mushrooms into the basket and cook them at 400F for 5 minutes.
After the 5 minutes, open the basket and shake the contents so they steak bites and mushrooms cook evenly.
Now we are going to cook them for 5 minutes more.
When the time is up, I check the steak with a meat thermometer. I have linked my favorite one in the recipe card.
COOKING TO DESIRED TEMERATURE
Rare=125F, Medium-rare=130F, Medium=140F, Medium-well=150F, well-done=160F
If the steak has not reached your desired doneness, continue to cook in 3 minute intervals until the thermometer placed in the center of 1 steak bite reaches the desired temperature.
My other recipes I have developed are just as easy and delicious…
- Air fryer Salmon
- Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- 4 Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound Top Sirloin steak, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- Combine all your ingredients for the marinade into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your steak cubes and sliced mushrooms into your mixing bowl with the marinade and toss to coat.
- Let the steak and mushrooms marinate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat your Air Fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- Make sure you spray the inside of your air fryer will cooking spray and pour your steak and mushrooms into the air fryer basket.
- Cook the steak and mushrooms in the Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 400F. Open the basket and shake the steak and mushrooms so they cook evenly. Continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
- Check the steak using an internal meat thermometer. If the steak has not reached your desired doneness, continue to cook in 3 minute intervals until the thermometer placed in the center of 1 steak bite reaches the desired temperature. (Rare=125F, Medium-rare=130F, Medium=140F, Medium-well=150F, well-done=160F)
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Types of steak: You can use any steak you like. the more expensive cut of meat you select, the more tender your steak bites will be. This will work with ribeye, new your strip, or sirloin.