This low carb and keto bang bang shrimp recipe uses a flavorful breading of almond flour and parmesan. I give instruction for air fryer and baking in the oven. The sauce is so delicious!
My new favorite shrimp recipe…I am absolutely obsessed with the sauce! In this Keto Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe, I give instructions for the Air Fryer, and baking in the oven.
So how do you make bang bang shrimp low carb and keto friendly? First we have to use a different breading. Traditional bang bang shrimp is fried with cornstarch, like a tempura. To cut out the carbs, we are going to use a combo of parmesan cheese and almond flour.
The breading ads so much flavor to the shrimp!
For the parmesan and almond flour dredge, I put everything in a food processor and pulsed it to get a course crumb.
The amounts of the ingredients is down in the recipe card.
So here is our dredging station. We’ve got a beaten egg, our dredge mixture, and 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp. To keep things simple, I just dumped the beaten egg onto the shrimp.
Now put a shrimp in the crumb mixture and coat it, then place it into the air fryer, or set aside if you are pan frying.
You may have to cook these in 2 batches. I have a 6 quart air fryer and I could fit 9 jumbo shrimp.
To cook these in the air fryer, I did 360F for 4 minutes, then 400F for 4 minutes. They were perfect!
Keep in mind, my shrimp were quite large. If you use smaller shrimp, you would need to adjust your time.
Now we need to make the sauce! This sauce is incredible! It includes mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, rice vinegar, garlic powder, soy sauce, Swerve, and ginger.
Now just dip each one in the sauce and try not to eat them all!
BAKED BANG BANG SHRIMP
To bake these in the oven, lay them all out on a lined sheet pan after breading. Bake in a 400F oven for 10 minutes, then Hi broil until they start to brown. Flip and broil for a few minutes more.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Did you make this Keto Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pound Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Granular Sweetener (Clicke here to see my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- Add almond flour, Parmesan, salt, and pepper to a food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse crumbs. Dump into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each shrimp in the beaten egg and then coat in the crumbs, Place in a single layer in the air fryer. You may need to cook in 2 batches.
- Cook in the air fryer at 360F for 4 minutes, then turn up the temperature to 400F and cook for 4 more minutes. If your shrimp are small you will need to decrease the cook time.
- To make the sauce, place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Coat each shrimp with the sauce and serve.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- To bake these in the oven, lay them all out on a lined sheet pan after breading. Bake in a 400F oven for 10 minutes, then Hi broil until they start to brown. Flip and broil for a few minutes more.