These low carb and keto air fryer chicken tenders use crushed pork rinds (you could also use panko) to make a super flavorful and crispy crust.
The air fryer has become my new favorite appliance, just edging out the Instant Pot. It makes the most delicious meats...Including these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders.
How to make air fryer chicken tenders with pork rinds
So this recipe uses the same crispy coating as my air fryer pork chops and my keto chicken nuggets. That involves crushed pork rinds and seasonings. You can use pork rinds that you crush yourself in the food processor, or you can use a product called Pork King Good Pork Rind Breadcrumbs (Affiliate Link). I personally have never used them before but I have heard they are great!
You could also use panko breadcrumbs, but I must tell you, the pork rinds have less Weight Watchers points than the breadcrumbs! So for ¼ cup of the crushed pork rinds it is 2 Weight Watchers points and for ¼ cup of panko breadcrumbs, it is 3 Weight Watcher points.
Our breading station consists of beaten eggs in a shallow bowl and the crushed pork rinds in a shallow bowl. We dip in the egg, then the pork rinds, then they go straight into the air fryer.
Cook the chicken tenders in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The temperature of the air fryer chicken tenders should be 165F.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
This post may contain affiliate links
- 6 Chicken tenders
- 1 Cup Crushed pork rinds or panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- In a shallow bowl, mix the crushed pork rinds with the seasonings. In a separate shallow bowl, add in the beaten eggs. One at a time, coat the chicken tenders in the egg, then in the pork rind mixture. Place the breaded chicken tenders in the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes and flip half way through. Chicken Tenders are done when an internal temperature thermometer reads 165F. (bake in a 400F oven for 15-20 minutes if you do not have an air fryer)
- Serve with crispy broccoli cooked in the air fryer or in the oven at 400F until your desired doneness
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.