Pork Rind Chicken Nuggets
These pork rind chicken nuggets are crunchy, smoky, juicy, and golden brown. they are so flavorful and easy to make!
Word on the street is kids like chicken nuggets. Who knew?
My kids are out of school for the summer…are yours? One of my biggest dilemmas is what to feed the little rascals for lunch! I don’t know about your kids, but mine are unbelievably picky. Nothing green, nothing leafy, nothing even minutely resembling a vegetable! I have to be really clever with their meals because I don’t want them eating a ton of carbs…and did I mention my youngest doesn’t like meat? Help me!
One thing they do like are these pork rind chicken nuggets. My oldest likes them dipped in Primal Kitchen Foods Ranch, and my youngest just likes them plain.
What I really like about these yummy little nuggets is that they are breaded (crusted) in pork rinds, duh. The pork rinds give them such good flavor! I did a 2 step crusting (breading) process that involves beaten egg and the crushed pork rinds. You know how people season their flour before they bread their chicken? I think that is such a waste of seasoning! Why not season the chicken before you start breading (crusting)? That’s what I do!
Season chicken, dip in beaten egg, smother with crushed pork rinds, fry until golden brown. The egg doesn’t wash off the seasoning!
I have found that the pork rinds need to be crushed pretty fine or they won’t get as crispy. I crunch mine up in a food processor. You may have to do 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor.
I pan fried these pork rind chicken nuggets in avocado oil to up the fat content, but you could definitely bake them in the oven. You could also use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.
- 3 Chicken Breasts , cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag of pork rinds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Avocado oil for frying
- Crush your pork rinds in a food processor until they resemble crumbs. Dump them into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add chicken, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to coat the chicken
- in another separate bowl, beat the 2 eggs
- In batches, dip the chicken into the egg, then the pork rinds. Toss to coat
- Heat about an inch of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown. A couple of minutes per side should be sufficient.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!