I have seen this Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe all over the internet so I had to give it a shot. I couldn’t resist! I was excited because it was a low carb 30 minute meal that used regular ingredients you can find in almost any grocery store.
I am all about these easy low carb dinners because my family is busy in the evening so I like to have some easy dinner recipes I can make any night of the week.
I also have a round-up of 30 low carb 30 minute meals!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I love using shrimp in recipes because it cooks up lightning fast and my whole family loves it. I can usually find it on sale in the freezer section of big grocery store chains. I used a whole 12 oz bag of large shrimp for this Egg Roll in a bowl that were already peeled and cleaned. I then just cut them into chunks.
My other protein I used was pork sausage. I was just going to use shrimp for this shrimp and pork egg roll in a bowl but I thought it needed more fat and calories to make it a good meal. The pork sausage added spice without having to add any other sauces like sriracha. You could definitely add some if you like it really spicy!
I was in utter shock when my picky husband told me how good this egg roll in a bowl was and went back for seconds. It has cabbage and he liked it! Still in shock over here.
This low carb egg roll in a bowl is definitely going in my meal rotation and I hope it makes its way into your dinner rotation too!
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND PORK EGG ROLL IN A BOWL (1 MIN):
Egg Roll in a Bowl with Shrimp and Pork
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the oil. When oil and pan are hot, add the shrimp, season with salt and cook until the shrimp are pink and no longer translucent. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the pork sausage to the pan and break apart with a wooden spoon or meat chopper. Cook until no longer pink.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the cabbage, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir together and cook until the cabbage is slightly wilted. Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Garnish with sliced scallions
- I use avocado oil for almost all of my cooking because it withstands high heat. You could also use coconut oil or animal fat.
- For this egg roll in a bowl I used already chopped and bagged slaw mix. You could definitely use a head of cabbage as well.
- I love using ginger paste instead of fresh ginger because it is so easy! If you use fresh ginger, be sure to chop it finely.
- Instead of pork and shrimp, you could use chicken. That would be delicious!
⭐ Did you make this Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer