There really isn’t much difference between a “normal” cheesecake and this Keto cheesecake. The only thing we need to replace is the sweetener and the crust. Mission accomplished!
I really wanted to make a keto cheesecake that was super thick and creamy, but didn’t have to use a water bath or any weird ingredients.
In my opinion, cheesecake should be pure with only the essential ingredients…cream cheese, sweetener, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
There is no topping, no additional lemon juice…non of that!
KETO CHEESECAKE CRUST
The crust is delicious, but not the most important thing. You could even make this cheesecake without the crust! The most important thing when making a crustless cheesecake is to grease the pan thoroughly, and/or line the bottom with parchment paper. The bake time will be the same as if using a crust.
The crust I used is a mixture of almond flour, cinnamon, sweetener, and butter. I pressed it in with a measuring cup.
You could pre-bake your crust if you want, but I find it un-neccesary. Refrigerating it for 20 minutes will suffice.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LOW CARB CHEESECAKE
The most important thing you should know when it comes to making cheesecake is that all of your ingredients should be at room temperature. Anything that is refrigerated should be left out for at least 2 hours, preferably 4. That means eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese.
Submerging your eggs in warm water will help speed up the process, as will unwrapping and chopping your cream cheese into smaller pieces.
Some other tips for the best keto cheesecake:
- Use a powdered sweetener for a smooth batter
- Beat the cream cheese at a low to medium speed and add in the sweetener a little at a time
- After the sweetener is incorporated, incorporate the eggs one at a time
- Save the sour cream and vanilla for last and beat them in until they are just incorporated
BAKING THE CHEESECAKE
Now we have made it to the fun part…the baking. This is fun but also tricky because you don’t want to overcook your keto cheesecake.
A crack in a cheesecake means it has overcooked.
I cook my cheesecake in the center of the oven at 325F. I check it after 50 minutes. You want the center of the cheesecake to still be jiggly.
Here is a great video showing how to know if your cheesecake is cooked:
After it is ready, I turn the oven off, crack the door, and leave it to cool in the oven for 30 minutes. Then, remove it from the oven, run a sharp paring knife around the edges of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan sides. Let sit on the counter for 1 hour. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Now you are free to decorate the top! I used fresh sliced strawberries and I sprinkled them with Swerve.
LOW CARB CHEESECAKE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
⭐ Did you make this Keto Cheesecake Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
The Best Keto Cheesecake
For the crust
- Pre-heat oven to 325F. Adjust the rack to the middle of the oven. Combine the crust dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix in the butter. Pour the crust mixture into a 9 inch springform pan and press halfway up the sides using your fingers. Use a flat bottomed cup to press the mixture into the bottom. Refrigerate the crust for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. If you use a stand mixer use the paddle attachment.
- Add in the sweetener a little at a time (about 1/3) and beat with the hand mixer.
- Add in the room temperature eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Finally, add in the vanilla and room temperature sour cream and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and even out the top. Bake in the pre-heated oven. Check after 50 minutes. The top should no longer be glossy and the center should still be jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the oven run a sharp paring knife between the cheesecake and the pan (this is to ensure the cake doesn't stick. Do not remove the springform). Let sit on the counter for 1 hour.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the springform pan sides, decorate the top, and serve. Makes 12 slices.