These keto scones are bursting with lemon and blueberry flavor. They come together easily for a quick breakfast or brunch treat and pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee.
How to make keto almond flour scones
Here are step-by-steps instructions with photos. For the full recipes, please see the recipe card below.
- Combine the dry ingredients and incorporate cold butter using a pastry blender until it resembles pea sized crumbles.
- Stir in the wet mixture until a dough forms. You will have a slightly crumbly dough.
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and form it into a round shape about 1 inch thick. Cut the dough into 8 equal triangles.
- Arrange the scones on the baking sheet and press the blueberries evenly into the tops. Bake in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Make the lemon glaze for the scones and drizzle it over top after they have cooled.
I hope you enjoy this low carb scones recipe. It is a delicious keto breakfast that is a personal favorite. This recipe can also be found in my cookbook "Live Life Keto."
Keto Lemon Blueberry Scones
This post may contain affiliate links
- 3 cups almond flour (see my favorite on Amazon)
- ½ cup sugar free granulated sweetener (see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- ½ cup sugar free powdered sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: almond flour, granulated sweetener, lemon zest, baking soda, and kosher salt until well combined. Add the cold butter. Using your clean hands, forks, or a pastry cutter, incorporate the cold butter into the almond flour mixture until it forms pea-sized crumbles.
- In a separate small bowl, beat together the eggs and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry mixture until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface and form into a disc shape about 1 inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles and arrange on the baking sheet. Press the blueberries evenly into the top of the scones.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before applying the glaze.
- Stir together the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the powdered sweetener in a small bowl until well combined. If needed, thin the glaze with a little water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to get your desired consistency. Drizzle the glaze evenly over each scone.
- Sugar substitute: I use Lakanto which is an erythritol and monk fruit blend.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze the keto scones flat on the baking sheet, then store in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.