With just a few simple ingredients, indulge on this homemade Keto Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze. With just the right amount of zest and the sweetness of the glaze, it’ll be hard to stop with just one slice! Only 2 net carbs!
When I want a lemon pound cake, I want it to have an unmistakable lemon flavor. This Keto Lemon Pound Cake not only has lemon juice and zest in the cake, it is also doused in a lemon simple syrup, then iced with a lemon glaze. All keto, of course, and super easy. let me show you how!
HOW TO MAKE LEMONY KETO POUND CAKE
This recipe starts with the lemon cake batter. 1 bowl is all you need!
This recipe uses almond flour as I find the most luck with using that in my keto baked goods.
If you are allergic to almonds, you can substitute with sunflower seed flour.
This cake bakes in a 400F oven for about 30 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean when it is done.
LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP
This really packs the flavor punch in this low carb lemon cake. Simply mix lemon juice with powdered sweetener and just a pinch of Xanthan gum in a small sauce pan.
The sweetener will dissolve and the Xanthan gum will keep the erythritol from crystallizing.
Once our cake cools for 10 minutes we can spoon the simple syrup on top.
FINALLY THE LEMON GLAZE
This delicious glaze adds even more lemon flavor and it is super simple. All we do is combine more lemon juice with the powdered sweetener.
There is enough glaze to cover the cake, or you can make a pretty design on top.
This entire loaf can be wrapped in freezer paper and plastic wrap and frozen for up to 3 months.
You can also wrap individual slices and freeze.
More of my keto cake recipes to try:
- Keto Chocolate Lava Cake – Individual chocolate lava cakes…perfect for a nighttime sweet craving
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – So chocolatey and a perfect whipped cream icing
- Keto Mug Cake – Instructions for chocolate of vanilla mug cakes. Ready in just a few minutes thanks to the microwave.
- Keto Strawberry Shortcakes – Sweet shortcake biscuits are filled with whipped cream and strawberries. So delicious!
Keto Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
For the cake:
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond flour (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite)
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 7 Ounces Full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
Lemon Simple Syrup:
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- pinch of Xanthan Gum
- 2/3 cup Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and sweetener. Now add in the eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest.
- Once you batter is smooth pour into the loaf pan and place in oven. Loaf will be done when a toothpick comes out clean. About 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon simple syrup ingredients. let cook for a few minutes over medium heat until the sweetener is dissolved. Spoon the simple syrup over the top of the cake.
- Once your cake is completely cooled, remove it from the loaf pan. Combine all your ingredients for glaze into a small mixing bowl. Once nice and smooth, take your spoon and glaze the top of your cake.
- Slice into 12 slices and serve.
- The total amount of lemon juice needed for this recipe is 3/4 cup. This would be about 6 Lemons. I used 1 fresh lemon (so I could have the zest) and I supplemented the rest with bottled lemon juice.
- Freezing: This entire loaf can be wrapped in freezer paper and plastic wrap and frozen for up to 3 months. You can also wrap individual slices and freeze.