With just a few simple ingredients, indulge on this homemade Keto Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze. With just the right amount of zest and the sweetness of the glaze, it'll be hard to stop with just one slice! Only 2 net carbs!
When I want a lemon pound cake, I want it to have an unmistakable lemon flavor. This Keto Lemon Pound Cake not only has lemon juice and zest in the cake, it is also doused in a lemon simple syrup, then iced with a lemon glaze. All keto, of course, and super easy. let me show you how!
HOW TO MAKE LEMONY KETO POUND CAKE
This recipe starts with the lemon cake batter. 1 bowl is all you need!
This recipe uses almond flour as I find the most luck with using that in my keto baked goods.
If you are allergic to almonds, you can substitute with sunflower seed flour.
This cake bakes in a 400F oven for about 30 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean when it is done.
LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP
This really packs the flavor punch in this low carb lemon cake. Simply mix lemon juice with powdered sweetener and just a pinch of Xanthan gum in a small sauce pan.
The sweetener will dissolve and the Xanthan gum will keep the erythritol from crystallizing.
Once our cake cools for 10 minutes we can spoon the simple syrup on top.
FINALLY THE LEMON GLAZE
This delicious glaze adds even more lemon flavor and it is super simple. All we do is combine more lemon juice with the powdered sweetener.
There is enough glaze to cover the cake, or you can make a pretty design on top.
This entire loaf can be wrapped in freezer paper and plastic wrap and frozen for up to 3 months.
You can also wrap individual slices and freeze.
More of my keto cake recipes to try:
- Keto Chocolate Lava Cake - Individual chocolate lava cakes...perfect for a nighttime sweet craving
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes - So chocolatey and a perfect whipped cream icing
- Keto Mug Cake - Instructions for chocolate of vanilla mug cakes. Ready in just a few minutes thanks to the microwave.
- Keto Strawberry Shortcakes - Sweet shortcake biscuits are filled with whipped cream and strawberries. So delicious!
Keto Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
For the cake:
- 2 ½ Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 7 Ounces Full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
Lemon Simple Syrup:
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- pinch of Xanthan Gum
- ⅔ cup Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and sweetener. Now add in the eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest.
- Once you batter is smooth pour into the loaf pan and place in oven. Loaf will be done when a toothpick comes out clean. About 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon simple syrup ingredients. let cook for a few minutes over medium heat until the sweetener is dissolved. Spoon the simple syrup over the top of the cake.
- Once your cake is completely cooled, remove it from the loaf pan. Combine all your ingredients for glaze into a small mixing bowl. Once nice and smooth, take your spoon and glaze the top of your cake.
- Slice into 12 slices and serve.
- The total amount of lemon juice needed for this recipe is ¾ cup. This would be about 6 Lemons. I used 1 fresh lemon (so I could have the zest) and I supplemented the rest with bottled lemon juice.
- Freezing: This entire loaf can be wrapped in freezer paper and plastic wrap and frozen for up to 3 months. You can also wrap individual slices and freeze.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
I followed everything except I did 1/3 cup of lakanto sweetener (Instead of 1/2 cup) and I used only the simple syrup for topping, which I halved. This is THE best keto dessert I’ve made. I’ve made many. I’m storing in the fridge. So good, on day 3. Thank you!
Hi, Jennifer, I made the Lemon Pound Cake Muffins this morning. I made the glaze, however it is so sweet because I used the Lakanto Powdered sugar 2x, which is double the sugar ratio instead of 1:1 like the regular Swerve or regular Lakanto. I just tried to add more lemon juice and then it was too thin, then I added a little more powdered Lakanto ( this is all before I realized I used the 2x kind).
I now have a super duper sweet/lemon glaze and wondered what to do with it since I made a new batch of your glaze with Swerve. I wondered if adding it to cream cheese would make it into a lemon frosting or another lemon recipe bar?
Sorry for the late reply! I think adding it to cream cheese would be amazing!
Marilyn Snider says
I love your recipes. Today, I am trying to make the lemon pound cake with lemon glaze. I ran into trouble with the yogurt. The recipe calls for 7 ounces of yogurt. Yogurt is sold by weight in my area. The container I have holds two pounds. The rest of the recipe is written as portions of a cup measurement. For the yogurt, did you mean 7 fluid ounces or 7 ounces of weight? I'm confused. I weighed yogurt, and 7 ounces is a bit less than 7 fluid ounces. It probably wouldn't matter in many recipes, but with baking I've always thought your measurements should be more exact.
Thank you for sharing so many great recipes!
Hi Marilyn, sorry for the confusion! It is 7 fluid ounces
Jennifer Bar says
I made this tonight and it was absolutely amazing - love the fresh burst of lemon!! For some reason, mine fell apart when I removed from the pan so there weren't a whole lot of actual slices to freeze. I used a glass loaf pan - next time I will try a metal one and maybe the sides will crisp up a bit more to hold things together. I couldn't bake any longer as the top began to burn after the 30 minute mark. But the flavor is wonderful and I definitely want to make it work!
Lov the anything lemon and this is no exception. Gluten free to boot!
This lemon pound cake is so good, it's hard to believe it's low carb!
Emily Liao says
This lemon pound cake is one of my go-to desserts! It's so delicious and I love how it's keto-friendly.
Lemon pound cake is my most favorite version of pound cake. I love that you come up with a keto version for this. 🙂
HANNAH HEALY says
This looks so good! I love baked good with lemon in them. And that glaze looks so perfect!