I was on the hunt for a Protein Pancakes recipe but I wasn’t having much success. I found that they mostly included oats or bananas or both…and you needed to use a blender! Bananas and oats are not my ideal sources of protein so I went to work making a stack of protein pancakes that were easy to make without a blender, gluten free, and are keto!
These protein pancakes are so stupid easy and simple, you are going to be making them every week as part of your meal prep. If you have time to sit down and eat a stack of pancakes for breakfast, you should definitely give these a try.
I have a recipe for Protein Pudding that uses protein powder as well.
So the few ingredients you need for these easy protein pancakes are:
- protein powder
- water or almond milk
- baking powder
I mixed all of those ingredients together with a whisk to form my batter.
I might sneak some chocolate chips into this keto pancake batter next time.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I got my skillet hot on the stove while I was getting my batter ready because it comes together so fast. I used a large non-stick skillet and then I used cooking spray because I do not want these to stick!
I love how these protein pancakes don’t need a blender. I love my blender, but I hate pulling it out for some reason…haha!
I actually do have another keto pancake recipe that requires a blender…so I’m not anti-blender!
The protein powder I use is Vanilla Premiere Protein Powder. I have also heard that Quest protein powder works really well. I would look for one with the lowest amount of carbs, preferably sweetened with stevia.
I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup for the perfect sized pancakes!
These protein pancakes look like they are ready to flip!
My batter usually makes 6-8 pancakes, which is perfect for 2 people, or you can save half of the pancakes in the refrigerator for the next day.
I served mine with butter, sugar free maple syrup, and a few sugar free chocolate chips.
HOW TO MAKE PROTEIN PANCAKES VIDEO:
Protein Pancakes - Only 4 Ingredients!
PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST
- 2 Eggs
- 2 scoops Whey Protein powder (I used Vanilla Premiere Protein)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 6 Tablespoons Water or Almond milk
- Cooking spray, butter, or coconut oil for greasing the pan
- Place a non-stick skillet on the stove over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or use butter or coconut oil and let melt.
- Mix the eggs, protein powder, and baking powder and water in a large bowl.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, pour out the batter into the skillet. I was able to make 3 at a time. They are ready to flip when bubble start to form on the top.
- Serve with butter, sugar free syrup, and chocolate chips.
- You can try this with other protein powders but I cannot guarantee it will work. I have heard that Quest protein powder also works well for protein recipes. It really needs to be a protein powder that tastes good on it's own!
WANT MORE LOW CARB & KETO RESOURCES?
If you want to know more about how to start a low carb or keto diet check out this guide:
⭐ Did you make this simple protein pancakes recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer