These actually crispy low carb and keto waffles are packed with protein. Use your favorite whey protein powder, eggs, water, and baking powder to make these delicious and healthy protein waffles.
I am obsessed with food that can be made with protein powder and these Protein Waffles are no exception. This simple recipe uses only 4 ingredients to make 2 large waffles that are crispy, super tasty, and packed with protein! What’s even better is that these are keto waffles, too! Let’s go!
You can also add protein powder to bulk up my keto oatmeal. It is so good!
HOW TO MAKE PROTEIN WAFFLES
Pull out your waffle maker and get it pre-heating and spray it with cooking spray.
This is literally the easiest keto waffle recipe you will ever make. All you do is mix together 1 scoop of vanilla Premiere Protein powder, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 3 tablespoons of sour cream, and a pinch of salt. Thats it!
I then poured half of the mixture into the waffle maker and let it do its thing.
I’m not sure if you can tell, but these low carb waffles are actually crispy! I was so stoked!
What I love the most about these protein waffles is that they only use 4 ingredients and there are no oats or bananas.
Kids love them too! This is so much healthier for kids and they taste great! My daughter ate them for breakfast this morning and I am elated that she has had a nutritious breakfast that won’t give her a sugar crash.
Another thing I am excited about is this sugar free syrup. It doesn’t have any aspartame or sucralose…it’s made with monk fruit!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Protein Waffles Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Protein Waffles - Only 4 Ingredients!
- 1/2 Cup Whey Protein Powder (I used Vanilla Premiere Protein)
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- pinch of salt
- butter and sugar free syrup for serving
- Heat your waffle iron on medium and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the protein powder, egg, sour cream, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl until fully combined.
- Pour half of the batter in the waffle iron (for smaller waffle irons, pour less batter), and cook according to your waffle irons directions.
- Serve with butter and sugar free syrup.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- You can try this with other protein powders but I cannot guarantee it will work. I have heard that Quest protein powder works well for protein recipes.
- I updated this recipe to using sour cream instead of water. I found the resulting waffles to be even tastier.