Making your own turkey sausage gives you the flavors you want and you know exactly what is going into your food. Such an easy recipe for homemade turkey sausage!
Making food from scratch has always intrigued me because I like to know what is in my food. That’s why I am bringing you this Homemade Turkey Sausage recipe today!
I love knowing that every ingredient is wholesome and readily found in the kitchen, and not a chemical…or even worse, hidden sugars!
Store bought turkey sausage can have hidden sugars, just like a lot of other processed foods bought in grocery stores.
A homemade turkey sausage recipe that is easy, makes this even more exciting! It is literally just throwing everything in a bowl, or food processor, and mixing it all up!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
The seasoning I used for this homemade turkey sausage are sage, rosemary, fennel, nutmeg, red pepper flake, and salt.
I like to mix everything up and then cook a little piece to test my seasonings and adjust…especially salt and pepper.
I used 93/7 turkey that was already ground. To keep this low fat, you would just add the seasonings and be done.
To make this a little more keto or low carb friendly, I added some fat to the mix….specifically bacon fat.
Adding a little bacon fat to the mix made this turkey sausage over the top delicious!
After everything was mixed up, I formed them into small patties and fried them in the skillet.
You could also cook this into crumbles and use it in any recipe that calls for sausage. I think this would be fantastic in my Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe!
Homemade Turkey Sausage Recipe
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons Bacon fat, melted and cooled (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried and ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flake
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a spoon. You can also add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until everything is combined.
- Form into 6-8 patties. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the patties until cooked through.
⭐ Did you make this Homemade Turkey Sausage Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer