This Keto Breakfast Sandwich needs a round of applause. I mean come on…low carb pancakes as a bun, the best scrambled eggs you have ever put in your mouth, a big hunk of sausage, and if you’re feeling feisty, some low carb maple syrup. You’re welcome.
There are 3 components to this keto breakfast sandwich. First, let’s talk about the pancakes.
I love this low carb pancake recipe because it makes fluffy pancakes and the batter is thick enough to make perfectly round pancakes that make the perfect bread for this breakfast sandwich. Hold your hats, folks, because everything in this recipe is perfect! I added a little sugar free maple syrup to the batter to sweeten them up. I cook them on medium heat and wait to flip until little bubbles start to form around the edges.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
The sausage for this keto breakfast sandwich is pretty straight forward. I used half a pound of store bought breakfast sausage. I formed it into 2 patties and cooked them in my cast iron skillet. Cook it on medium-high heat and don’t touch it until it forms a crust. Try to ignore the splatters all over the stovetop, unless you’re OCD like me and you wipe it away while everything is still cooking. Then wipe again, and again.
Now the eggs. OMG the eggs. Do you see these eggs? They were the most amazing scrambled eggs I have ever put in my mouth and my husband concurred. I have always been known to scoff at loosely set scrambled eggs but I have been hearing lately that they are amazing that way. I though what the heck, lets give it a shot.
The key to these eggs is to use a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. I added some butter to the pan, and then my beaten eggs. I let them cook, stirring them occasionally with a rubber spatula, until they were just set. They looked like this:
I will never make scrambled eggs any other way again.
Now if you want to cheat, you can use store bought sugar free maple syrup to top your low carb breakfast sandwich. I know some people think that is a big no no but I am not one to judge. Use it with pride peeps.
If you want to make your own sugar-free maple syrup to top this keto breakfast sandwich, you just follow this handy dandy recipe here for 4-ingredient sugar-free maple syrup.
Keto Breakfast Sandwich with Pancakes
- 1/2 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- sugar free maple syrup
- Patty up the breakfast sausage into 2 patties and place in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook on each side until a crust forms and an internal temperature reads 145F
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Mix all of the ingredients for the pancakes into a small bowl. Spray the skillet with cooking spray and spoon the batter into 4 round pancakes in the skillet. Let the pancakes cook until bubbles start to form in the batter around the side. Flip and continue to cook on the other side until the center on the pancake springs back when lightly touched.
- For the eggs, beat the 4 eggs in a medium sized bowl until whites and yolks are combined. Heat a medium skillet (I used the same skillet as the pancakes) over medium-low heat. Add the butter and then the beaten eggs. Let the eggs cook until the edges begin to set. push the eggs with a rubber spatula scraping the bottom of the pan. scrape occasionally to get large folds of soft scrambled eggs. When the eggs are just set and still a little runny, remove from the heat.
- To assemble the sandwiches: place a sausage patty on one pancake, followed by half of the eggs, followed by another pancake. Garnish with butter and sugar free syrup.
⭐ Did you make this Keto Breakfast Sandwich recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer