Change up your Whole 30 breakfast! These Egg Muffin Cups are the perfect start to your day because they are hearty, low carb, keto, and Whole 30. Those all equal to an extra pep in your step!
These would be a good accompaniment to my Low Carb Meal Prep Guide!
One thing I’ve noticed, is that egg muffin cups are really not that filling. You have to eat like 4 to have a decent sized Whole 30 breakfast. They are small and portable, which is great for on the go, but I needed something more hearty!
For my version of egg muffin cups, I added slices of chicken sausage! They are so yummy!
I used Aidells Chicken and Apple sausage because they are delicious, they are a Whole 30 Breakfast staple, and they are only 4 net carbs per sausage.
I like to use chicken sausage because they are already cooked, so it made these so easy to make. You can buy any sausage you like, just make sure to cook it first before you put it in the muffin cups. Also, make sure you check your ingredients if you want to keep these Whole 30!
So for these egg muffin cups, I started with a little shredded zucchini in the bottom. I seasoned the zucchini with salt and pepper, then I put the chicken sausage to one side to leave room for the egg.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
If you want to make these egg cups with beaten egg, you can definitely do that too!
I just like breaking the egg right into the muffin tin to save the extra step of beating the egg.
After I added the egg to the muffin tins, I put a little more zucchini on top and I seasoned it with Primal Palate Meat and Potato Seasoning.
Then I put them in the oven! Easy peasy! You are going to love this easy Whole 30 breakfast!
HOW TO MAKE EGG MUFFIN CUPS VIDEO:
Hearty Egg Muffin Cups - Whole 30 Breakfast
- 4 Sausage links, Fully cooked and sliced (I used Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage)
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 Zucchini, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Primal Palate Meat and Potatoes Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon of the shredded zucchini, followed by a little salt and pepper.
- Add half of a sliced sausage to each muffin cup, then break an egg into each muffin cup. Top with a little more shredded zucchini and the Meat and Potatoes Seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg is cooked all of the way through. If you like a runny yolk, you will do closer to 15 minutes.
- Let cool in the muffin tin, then remove by running a butter knife around the edges of each egg cup. Serve with guacamole or avocado!
- Instead of breaking the egg directly into the muffin cup, you can break it into a small bowl and beat with a fork before pouring it into a cup. You can also break 8 eggs into a large bowl and beat them with a whisk. Then fill each muffin tin.
- If you don't have The Primal Palate seasoning, you can use your own favorite combo, just watch the ingredients if you are trying to stay Whole 30 compliant.
⭐ Did you make this Egg Muffin Cups – Whole 30 Breakfast Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer