Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies – Low Carb and Gluten Free
These healthy chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make and they are kid approved! Make them anytime you get that chocolate chip cookie craving…without the guilt!
Have I ever mentioned that I am a self proclaimed cookie monster? I think I may have mentioned it in my post on low carb butter cookie energy bites. Anyway, I love the cookies, but they do not love my hips and thighs, if you know what I mean. I was on a mission, a cookie creation mission. Because I cannot live without chocolate chip cookies any more!
I’m just a little obsessed, can’t you tell?
These healthy chocolate chip cookies are low carb (yes even the chocolate chips), gluten free, and absolutely delicious. But how can that be, Jennifer? I could lie and say it is magic, but I shall be honest and attribute this amazing recipe to Lilys chocolate chips, almond flour, and swerve sweetener. That’s how it can be, sugar plum.
As you can see, these healthy chocolate chip cookies are approved by my picky little rug rats. When I served them to my pickiest one, Hayden, I watched out of the corner of my eye, and waited for that all too familiar scowl and BLECK!, sound to come out of his mouth. But to my surprise, he utter the words “Mommy, these are the best cookies ever!” Music to my ears.
As you also may know, my husband, AKA child number 3 (he knows I say that), is the pickiest one of all. He was raised on buttered noodles, Hi-C, and hot dogs. He accepted these healthy chocolate chip cookies into his life with open arms!
You get chocolate chip cookies, and you get chocolate chip cookies, and they were healthy and we all lived happily ever after!
Except my boy has never had a green vegetable pass through his lips in his almost 8 years of existence. I digress. One day, one day.
- 3/4 cup Softened butter or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350
Add softened butter (or coconut oil) and swerve sweetener in a stand mixer, mix on medium until combined
- add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix until combined
- combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
- add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined
- Fold in Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Scoop 18-20 cookies onto lined baking sheet (you may need 2 depending on how big your sheets are)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Let cool on the cookies sheets for 30 minutes or so, unless you've already ate them all! These will stay soft and delicious for at least 4 days in an air tight container (that's how long they lasted at my house! Surprising, I know!)